Hire a Licensed Guide in Chiang Rai (Full Day)
||Set by you – must be inside of Chiang Rai
||Set by you – must be inside of Chiang Rai
||Up to 8 hours (maximum allowable work day as per the law in Thailand)
||Set by you – varies depending on your interests
||Set by you – Varies depending on your interests
||18+ (younger must be accompanied by an adult – babies 2 years old or younger may join for free)
||Private – Max 6 people per booking
Itinerary for hiring a private guide in Chiang Rai
There are no set itineraries, as this is a fully customized experience! Just let us know what your interests are (which may include, but is not limited to, food, art, culture, history, sports, nature, shopping, etc), and we will match you with a travel guru who shares the same interests as yourself.
We suggest limiting your travel ‘bucket list’ to only one or two items. To get the most out of this experience, it is best to let it flow freely through the day! You have a rare opportunity to see how local people live their lives in this city.
Your travel guru might suggest to go to a lesser known temple because it’s where they practice, for example. Instead of a history lesson on the temple, they can share with you why they chose that over another. Perhaps it’s where their family brought them. Maybe they just like the architecture. Possibly, it is the monks who practice there that they feel give the best sermons. The same can be said for all the activities and experiences you can share together today.
This isn’t your ordinary day tour. It’s like having an instant local best friend to show you the best of their city – but from a local’s perspective! It’s an opportunity to abandon the Trip Advisor top 10 sites, and get off the beaten trail. Do some urban exploration. See how the city really ticks, and what local people like doing, rather than just what other foreigners have stumbled-upon.
* All experiences available are done so legally and responsibly, and cannot put you or your guide in any risk or danger. For things you wish to experience outside of this, your guide will be able to advise you of how and where to do so, though will not be able to accompany you and assumes no responsibility for once out of their care or guidance.
What types of experiences can you do in Chiang Rai?
The possibilities are endless!! Chiang Rai is a city full of life and energy! Keep in mind, you want to just choose maybe one or at most two activities, and then leave the rest to suggestion and collaboration with your travel guru to get a real Local Experience in Chiang Rai. Some ideas to get your creativity flowing might include:
– temple hopping to see some of the ancient city’s modern, artistic Buddhist temples, such as the White Temple, Blue Temple or Black House (best to choose only one on a local experience)
– Visit the Monkey Temple “Wat Tam Pla” or some of the more historic temples in the old city
– travel out to nearby national parks such as Doi Tung – home to an Opium Museum, Royal Gardens and Adventure Park (will take most of the day)
– a day of water activities – from jungle waterfalls to soaking in Hot Springs (maybe even cooking some eggs in the hot springs!)
– going to a Muay Thai fight and hearing locals commentary during the match, helping explain what’s happening
– exploring night market to sample some of the best street-food in the city!
– biking around the colourful streets of Chiang Rai – an art gallery in itself
– exploring off the beaten path neighbourhoods to get a glimpse into the local way of life
– getting to all the more common ‘must-see’ attractions in the city efficiently and hassle free
– learning the ropes of getting around Thailand on your own – from an introduction to the Northern Thai language, to learning how to use public transit, to basic Thai etiquette for the do’s and do not’s to help connect you even deeper with the locals during your visit (included on all experiences).
– For more ideas on things to do, check our our Chiang Rai blog posts.
What is included when you hire a private guide in Chiang Rai?
Your custom tailored Chiang Rai experience includes:
– a specially trained and licensed english-speaking guide who will facilitate your experience (max 8 hours/day)
– communications before and after your experience to ensure it is tailored to your expectations
– information provided before your experience to educate you and properly prepare you
– once you have worked out an itinerary with your guide (via email), they may provide you with a rough quote for the additional expenses for the day you may expect (entrance fees, transport costs, food, etc).
What is not included when you hire a private guide in Chiang Rai?
– Travel Insurance (Compulsory)
– International flights or transportation to/from the itinerary’s start point
– Accommodation in Chiang Rai (we suggest Agoda for the best hotel rates)
– Food & beverages (any meals or drinks for you and your guide)
– Transportation (getting around the city from point to point)
– Activities (any costs associated with activities you would like to do, such as entrance fees or bike rentals)
– Gratuities and tips
– Spending Money
– Any additional fees or expenses for you or your guide*
*It is expected that if your guide is to join you, that you will cover their expenses.
Supporting Local Projects with our TRiP Foundation
Every TRiP that you go on with WSE Travel, we will donate 2% (or $1/day per day, per person – whichever is greater) to an environmental or community-based project in the country you’re visiting. We want to ensure that every guest we help, in turn helps support and preserve the destination we’re experiencing together as a direct result. We live by an ethos to Travel Responsibly & Impact Positively (TRiP).
For more information on the projects supported by this experience, please visit our Thailand TRIP projects.