Accidents Happen… even to the Best of Us!
One of life’s most cruel jokes is that accidents do seem to happen at the most inconvenient times.
Given the nature of our travel services, we can appreciate the safety of having adequate protection in case of anything going wrong – especially in a really off-the-beaten-path location where transport to the nearest hospital can prove difficult (and costly). For this reason, it is compulsory that you have travel medical insurance which will cover you for the duration of your travels with us. It’s always better to be safe than sorry, as they say!
There are hundreds, if not thousands of perfectly suitable insurance companies around the world who would be more than happy to offer you protection throughout your vacation. Some of you may even be protected by your credit card (make sure it’s Medical coverage, and not just Cancellation). If you have adequate coverage, please forward us a copy of your insurance form prior to your departure. This way, if anything happens, your tour guide (if applicable) will be able to help make arrangements with the hospital to ensure your coverage and safety.
Please Note: WSE Travel takes NO responsibility for accidents, injuries, theft, or loss of possessions while travelling with us.
If you are unsure as to where to start looking, we have found a wonderful provider based out of the United Kingdom called World Nomads. They are one of the flexible Global insurance providers we’ve found, as they offer protection to nearly every nationality, at any point during their travels, for any duration (up to 6 months!!). With a great customer service team, they are fast to act, and will regularly follow up with you if you require medical attention.
Being clients ourselves, we have had the first-hand experience in dealing with them.
Interested? Learn More about World Nomads
Travel insurance from WorldNomads.com is available to people from over 140 countries and is designed for adventurous travellers with cover for overseas medical, evacuation, baggage and a range of adventure sports and activities.
With travel insurance from WorldNomads.com you can:
- Buy online while travelling or away from home
- Extend and claim online
- Cover your adventure, including a range of sports and adventure activities
- Buy worldwide cover from specialist travel insurers, built for independent travellers from over 140 countries
- Give a little back to a local community
- Stay informed and safe when you travel
7 things you should know about World Nomads travel insurance
Here are a few things to consider when choosing your travel insurance plan to make sure that you’ve got the cover you want for your adventure:
- Cancellation: It’s no fun if you’re seriously ill before you leave and can’t go on your trip. All travel insurance plans are different and some have specific terms of cover for cancellation, so please read the policy wording relevant to you carefully.
- Lost or Stolen Gear: Most travel insurance plans have a per-item value limit – make sure its high enough to cover your gear or choose a policy that allows you to increase the limit.
- Medical expenses over and above evacuation: Check that your cover includes emergency treatment while away and transport to bring you home – remembering that in more serious circumstances, insurance providers will usually insist on getting you home for medical treatment if you’re fit enough to travel.
- Adventurous Activities: Look carefully at what your policy covers as each plan is different and may only cover specific sports and activities. Check that you’re covered to do all of the adventurous activities that you are planning while you’re away.
- Personal Liability: Accidents happen. If it’s found to be your fault and someone decides to sue you, you want to be covered. Read the full description of coverage in the policy wording and talk to the insurer first before you admit it was your fault. Also, keep in mind travel insurance doesn’t typically cover liability while you’re driving (be it cars, motorbikes, scooters, boats… anything with a motor, really) so make sure you’ve got appropriate cover elsewhere if you need it.
- Is it safe to go there? Make sure you check your Government’s Travel Warnings and keep up to date with the latest travel safety advice on the road. You may not be covered if you choose to go to a place affected by war, terrorism, civil unrest or environmental disasters (like volcanoes, earthquakes, floods) and other major events where you may be at risk.
Leave a positive footprint
When you travel to far out places you often receive generous and gracious hospitality from local people, even when they don’t have much themselves.
Footprints aggregates many small contributions from people all over the world fund specific community projects, helping people who struggle with basic needs for food, water, housing, health and safety.
Find out more about the Footprints network and how you can help.